Tuesday 16 March 2010

Decisions, Decisions!

I'm going on my first Scrapbooking retreat this weekend and I've had one attempt at deciding what to take in the way of stash which wasn't very successful. I decided to go through my pics instead, choose some to scrap and then go back to choosing papers, etc. Didn't work either. Far too many pics in the pile! Oh dear, back to the craft room tonight to have another go. I don't know how the scrappers who come here cope with the decisions. lol. How do you choose?

2 comments:

Cheri said...

regardless of what you decide, just have fun! Getting away for a scrap weekend is one of the greatest pleasures in life! :)

Unknown said...

When I buy my papers and bits of coordinating goodies, I put them all in a plastic baggie or page planner (by Cropper Hopper). That way, all of the coordinating stuff is together. Then, when I pick up my photos, I look through my packs and find one I like, then toss in the photos. The last thing I typically do is coordinate cardstock to it. It's been enormously helpful to have those packs already together when I prepare for a crop. So... start with a theme... find some papers and cardstock that all go together. Set them down. Now thumb through your photos and pick out a bunch that you'd like with those papers. Package it all up and viola! You have a kit ready. I always end up with extra photos, so no worries... and if I have LOTS of papers that coordinate together, I split them into more than one kit. Hope this helps. Have fun!